Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 160 & 161: Back to Snow

DAY 160
Date: 8 FEB 2009



After resting for about a week in Manchester, I have decided to make my first trip out from my travel base. And so I took a flight to .........

Photobucket

SWITZERLAND!!!!! YEAH!!! But why? Cause I miss the snow badly.

I heard that the rail system in Switzerland is world class and after seeing it myself, I cant agree further. It was really very comfortable.

Photobucket

I hopped onto a train immediately after I touched down in Geneva, Switzerland and made my way towards Zurich.

Photobucket

Looking out from the train's window, I saw layers of thick snow everywhere and I told myself that this will definitely be a great trip. The snow reminds me of when I was in Finland. Man I miss those times. Though Switzerland is a very expensive country to travel, I strongly believe that it will be worth the money.

After a few hours on the train, I arrived at Zurich.


DAY 161
Date: 9 FEB 2009


After a light and budget breakfast (bought from the supermarket), off I went, out onto the streets.

Photobucket

A walk in the city center.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The largest clock face in europe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I went to a nearby church to take a look. This church has got no cross at all. I am sorry but I cant remember what is the name for this particular type of christianity. Anyone?

Photobucket

Since it has got no crosses, I made my own.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then made my way up to the lookout point in town and spent quite awhile taking photographs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How about a game of HUGE chess? haha...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Went back down and went to one of the church towers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The view of the city from the top.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Coming down from the tower, I met a Virgin.

Photobucket

For the final place of the day, I made my way up a nearby mountain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Along the way I saw many people taking part in their winter activities.

Photobucket

How can one miss out the nature when one is in Switzerland? Its so beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kids playing with snow.

Photobucket

This tree reminds me of cotton or maybe marshmallow (YumYUM).

Photobucket

And they reminds me of Sherlock Homes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, its time to explore this place.

Photobucket

A stroll in the park.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Following the trail, I soon found myself walking in thick snow under snowflakes umbrella.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Took a closer look at the snow flakes, it really look that those fake snow flakes which people draws and like those on cardboards.

Photobucket

As I moved further and further down the trail, the road begin to descend and thats when the problem started. The surface became so slippery that I can no longer walked on my feet without any support anymore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I decided to slide my way down....

Look at this, these are actually steps but because of the snow, it bacame a slope. So after sliding down these steps, my butt starts to hurt.

Photobucket

Some pictures taken at the bottom of the "slide".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nevertheless, I made it down. And that calls for a victory shot. My signature shot!!

Photobucket

Soon, night falls and the city lights looks beautiful from here.

Photobucket

However, I am still on the forest trail in the mountain with no lights. Shit, got to find a way out fast. But hey, it is not as scary as it sounds. People are jogging with head lamps in the dark. So its not that bad. But jogging with headlamps? HARDCORE!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a long walk in the dark, I finally made it back to the train station. Back in town, I went to Mcdonalds for dinner and look, they SERVE BEER here!!!

Photobucket

See how much a meal cost. 13.50Euros x 2.2 = almost SGD$30!!!! :(

Photobucket

But there is nothing much to complain. Here you have got music and playstation 3. So... maybe its worth the money. But I did not use either.

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home