Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 141 - 148: Chinese New Year Alone

Day 141
Date: 20 JAN 2009


As I do not know where to go next, I went to the library in Stockholm to look for some inspiration. I like the design of this library. Quite nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a full view of the library.



That night, Nathalie and me decided to make ourselves a good dinner as a celebration for the completion of out Road Trip up north. So we made burgers from scratch, including the bread.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Day 142-144
Date: 21 JAN 2009 - 23 JAN 2009


I did not do any sightseeing. Just stayed at Nathalie's place to figure out my future plans and also to update my blog.


Day 145
Date: 24 JAN 2009


Helping out a little at Nathalie's house. If you think that traveling alone is so easy? Think again.

Photobucket

Chinese New Year was just around the corner and being alone in a foreign country in this very special occasion made me felt homesick all of a sudden. Lets hear what I have to say.



Luckily I still found a celebration. Here are some pictures taken before I arrived at the Chinese New Year celebration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And on the way back from the event, I saw a protest. Seems like they have protest everywhere.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Police on standby.

Photobucket

Day 146
Date: 25 JAN 2009


Today is Chinese New year's Eve. Feeling bored, I went online to see if there are any Chinese who is willing to come out for a coffee. Chloe, a Swedish born Chinese replied me saying that she is free and so we met up. We chatted for only a few hours. Though short but it was interesting. I still remember a very interesting fact which she told me about Sweden. In Sweden, you can just go to the Swedish health authorities and asked for free condom, they also give out after day pills for free and free abortion if you are underage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I told you that I went online to look for Chinese New Year celebration, I also happen to chance upon some Chinese students who wanted to make some Chinese New Year Food on this day to welcome the New Year. And so they invited me to join them. I was so happy to go. We made dumplings and such. It was a heart warming dinner. If you have been alone overseas on special occasions, then you will know what I mean.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Going back home after the dinner. Notice that this metro station is quite unique.

Photobucket


Day 147 & 148
Date: 26 & 27 JAN 2009


What to do when you are alone in a foreign country for Chinese New Year. When there is no Chinatown at all, no one to share the celebration, what will you do? The closest thing I can think of is to play mahjong. And so I went to ViWaWa. haha. *faint*

Photobucket

I did not know that I can find Ying2 Liu3 in Sweden.

Photobucket

I wonder if Singapore permits this kind of job. Holding a board for advertising.

Photobucket

Ok. I think I shall talk about my Swedish host house. He lives in a very old building and so it had a very interesting lift. The lift only takes 3 person max and also has a chair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

See the interesting video of this lift. See how it works.



My host also has a very nicely decorated apartment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

His bed up there near the ceiling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The view from his balcony.

Photobucket

My host.

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home