Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 123 & 124: Drunk, Puke and Loss of Memory

Day 123
Date: 2 JAN 2009

Somehow Taina and Sandra managed to convince Rodrigo to come back to Rovaniemi. Great! So off we went to fetch him at the train station. Let see whats the temperature now. Its close to minus 20 centigrade.

Photobucket

Well, remembered that I still have an apartment waiting for me in Rovaniemi? The girl who lent me her apartment? So I went back to pick up my stuff. This is the sewing machine there in her apartment. I find it very interesting cause back home, most people used to have one but many had already threw it away as it was so out of dated. But here in finland, I still find it in many people houses. It sort of adds to the character i think.

Photobucket

And so the party continues. Karaoke, guitar hero, ski, snowboard, snowmobile etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These kids were so cute. You have to see these 2 videos. Can anyone guess what song they were singing? HAHA





Anyway, I wanted to make some singapore food for taina as an appreciation for her great hospitality and so I volunteered to make dinner for everyone in the house today. It was a huge task. There were closed to 30 people in the house and so everything had to be in huge portion. It was my first time making dinner for such a crowd. I was quite anxious about it and guess what? I ended up ruining it!!! Damn!!

It was so difficult to cook in huge portion. Most of the food I cooked were either burned or whatever. It just tasted bad. I was so ashamed. Yes I am. I tried to save the situation but there was nothing I can do. I felt even more ashamed and bad when everyone still had it for dinner. OH GOD!! PLease save me!!

So thats it. A burned and bad dinner for everyone. SO PAISEH!!! Dont know where to hide my face. Sigh. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, it was serious drinking tonight. You have no idea how much we drank. Gallons and gallons of liqour!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went for our usual sauna session. Like I always said, everything happens for a reason. This was what happened in the sauna. If someone did not throw in tons of water onto the stones in the sauna, then the temperature will not raised till unbearably hot. And if it was not for the unbearably heat, we would not had rushed out from the sauna room quickly. And if would not had rushed out from the sauna room quickly, we would not have seen THE NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!

Yes, I saw it again, Much bigger this time, We got so excited that we shouted for everyone to come out and we just stood there in the cold in minus 20 centigrade only wrap in our towels to watch it!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where was it? It right there!!! yeah!!!

Photobucket

We got so excited that we even did a WOH video of it. Check this out. This was how excited we were.



But then we got so cold after awhile that we decided to get back in to put on our footwear and get a jacket. Then it was back in the cold to watch the northern lights. So cold till my wet hair freezed!!

Photobucket

Then we did our victory slide off the roof!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After which it was more drinking and drinking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We drank so much. Check this out. Cider, beer, vodka, cognac, wine, whiskey........ and the list went on

Photobucket

And then ofcourse, I lose my memory that night. I did not remember anything after that. only to wake up in the room half naked or with a change of top. I cant remember that either. But I was told that I went to sleep in the sauna room, and they pulled me out and put me in bed. Then I vomited on myself while lying down and so they changed me out. Yah, thats how wasted I got. HA.

And I was told that Rodrigo fell in the bathroom and got a bump on his forehead.

Day 124
Date: 3 JAN 2009

Oh my. I felt so bad for needing them to clear up my mess. Well, today is a rest and recovery day again ofcourse. and ya, having burnt the food yesterday, so were the pots. Had a hard time scraping the soot off. Opps.



*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home