Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 115 & 116: Resident Evil

DAY 115
Date: 25 DEC 2008


Its Xmas Day. However, instead of feeling joyful, I am feeling the exact opposite. The streets were empty and few people were seen. More than 95% of the shops were closed and there were no locals around. Only few tourists like me were seen roaming aimlessly around the town, not knowing what to do or where to go. I felt as if human race has extinct. The whole town was vacant. I am in Resident Evil. OMG! Furthermore, with only about 2hrs and 15mins of daylight, which is also inclusive of sun rise and sun set, it bascially left me in total darkness all the time. That made the feeling even worse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

DAY 116
Date: 26 DEC 2008


Its Boxing Day and I attended a service in the morning. Afterwhich, I went walking around the streets, aimlessly again. Saw this road sign, "Beware of snowmobile". Interesting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I ended up on a frozen lake and so I took pictures while standing on it. There were also people skiing on it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These boats waiting to be use again.

Photobucket

At this time of the year at this far up north, the sun takes a very long time to rise and set. It fact this made it very beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have yet decided where to go after Rovaniemi. Should I head further up north or should I head back south? Where should I go? My initial guess was that I will bust my budget once I hit Finland and so I planned to go back home once I had my Xmas in Finland. However, it seems that my wallet is still very healty. So where else should I go? I should really think about it. I shall keep travelling till I run out of money. But where should I go? hmmm......

Well anyway, the sky is quite clear tonight, and so I really hope that I will be able to see the northern lights. Went back to the city center in the evening and joined a Couchsurfing gathering.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, finally got to meet up with people and talked. I am so sick of being loney for the past few days. Then at the gathering, I met Taina. Upon hearing that I had been spending my past few days alone, she invited me over to stay at her place. I immediately agreed and with me was another guest which she was also hosting. His name is Rodrigo, a Mexican guy.

Photobucket

And so we made our way to Taina's place. Never did I know that I was just about to experience my first and best winter of my life. Lots of amazing things happend there in the next few days. Stay tuned!!!


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home