Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Day 130 & 131: Stockholm City

Day 130
Date: 9 JAN 2009


I spent the whole day exploring Stockholm City today. I like it alot. I prefer Stockholm over Helsinki. Stockholm is made up of 14 islands and with the bridges joining them together and the snow covering them in white, it was a beautiful sight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a look at the change of guards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a video of it.



I dont think its very impressive. What about you?

I guess everyone knows how a English phone booth looks like but how about a Swedish phone booth?

Photobucket

The Nobel Museum.

Photobucket

More pictures taken around the old town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the narrowest street in town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How can we missed out the vikings when we are in Sweden?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saw a protest and I find it rather innovative.

Photobucket

Photobucket

More random pictures taken.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also went to the Vassa museum. This is the place where the world famous ship which was found lying on the bottom of the sea for ages was housed.The craftsmanship was excellent and the ship was grand. It was indeed a masterpiece. This was the biggest battleship at its time. It was made for battle but sank on its maiden voyage without even firing a single cannonball. For more information on it, search for Vassa online.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then took a ferry back to one of the main island. Pictures taken along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I went to the City Hall. The place where the world famous Nobel Prize is given out annually. It was already closed by the time I got there but here are some of the pictures of the building and its surroundings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sky was so clear and the moon was so bright.

Photobucket

The water was so clam that I can clearly see the reflection of the buildings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then at night, I went to a couchsurfing potluck gathering and I got to know some swedish guys and a french girl. It was quite fun. Swedish were very friendly and hospitable as well. When I got back to my new host place, my bed was already nicely done up by a fellow guest. How nice of him.


Day 131
Date: 10 JAN 2009


I spent the whole day online doing up my stuff. Then in the evening, I got a message. Nathelia, the french girl whom I met last night asked me out today. She asked if I am free tonight to go to a bar with her and so I did. At first we went to a club where bands can book the place to give their own concert. It was interesting.

This band is good. She ended up buying their CD.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then came a very rock band.

Photobucket

Hey, there is a machine selling ciggy in the toilet. Far enough and nothing special on the first look but hey look again. They accept credit cards. Coming from Singapore, this is interesting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, we went to a KGB concept bar. I like the concept. It has got wonderful decorations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home