Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 128 & 129: Stunning Views

Day 128
Date: 7 JAN 2009


I took the morning ferry to Sweden, Stockholm. Finland was susppose to be my last stop of The Cold Journey but still dont feel like going home yet. Please dont get me wrong. I do love home but I still want to see more of mother earth.

At the port.

Photobucket

I know it may sounds crazy but having been above the arctic circle for so long, minus 9 centigrade now feels alittle warm to me. Haha.

Photobucket

A warm welcome on this curise ship.

Photobucket

Even though this was a cruise ship, I did not get a room for myself and so I spent most of the time sitting around or lying down on the floor at one little corner where noone sees me. No choice, I am on a budget trip you see.

Anyway, I have been thinking about this on this ferry ride. About after seeing so many places, where do I want to make it my home? That particular National day song kept playing in my mind. The one that goes something like been to paris, seen river kwai, blah blah blah but there is still no place like home. I cant agree. Even though there are so many wonderful places in the world, my home is still my home. It is where I grew up and where all my friends and family members are. I dont mind living and working in another country for a couple of years but still I will want to go back to Singapore one day. Thats where I BELONG. I am proud to be a Singaporean.

Ok, enough of my emotions. This is a 12hrs ferry ride from Turku, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden. Though it was a long ride, it was filled with stunning views. Views that were so mesmorising. See it for yourself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice right? Than I got to Stockholm at night and I made my way to Supriya's place. She is the indian girl I meet at taina's place. I had some difficulties locating her place but swedish were as friendly as finnish. A guy help me ask around and eventually took me to a pizza shop to borrow a phone to make a call to surpriya and that got me to her place.

Then at her place, she made me dinner, What must you try when u come to Sweden? The swedish meatballs ofcourse!!

Photobucket

And then I also had this funny jam as well. It is much thicker than juice but so much thinner than jam. Its called kram.

Photobucket


Day 129
Date: 8 JAN 2009


I spent the whole of the day at home, online, trying to look for a new host. Supriya is going away for the weekend and so she cant host me. After a 6-7 hours of hard work, my effort did paid off.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home