Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 125-127: Turku

Day 125
Date: 4 JAN 2009


The kids have gone home. Even Rodrigo, Tania and Lacko had left this morning. The place is now quiet. I hang around till afternoon and me too left this amazing house. I was sad to leave though but there is always an end to everything. All I have now with me are good memories that I will remember for the rest of my life. And I will turn them into wonderful stories to share with all my friends and whoever I met. It will be legendary! Goodbye all, I love Finland, I love Rovaniemi and I LOVE ALL OF YOu, all of you who were present in this house. Surely will miss u guys. BIG HUG & KISSES!! *MUAKZ*

A last look at this place,

Photobucket

And a photo with the house number so that I will recognise my way back here again if there happens to be a chance.

Photobucket

And so I hitched my way out back into rovaniemi city with Edmund, an aussie guy who is also taina's guest. We were quite surprise to get a lift within 15 minutes cause not many cars pass by this place. We were lucky. the finnish were just so friendly and hospitable. The guy who picked us up even drove us all the way to the train station even if it was not on his way.

Back in Rovaniemai, it was still freezing cold. Just look at the cold mist that was formed above this river. Its like a huge freezer.

Photobucket

Even the tree branches were wrapped up in ice.

Photobucket

And so we took an overnight train back down south. Ya, I had decided to head south instead. I am going to Turku, going to stay a few days there and then catch a ferry over to Sweden. :P I just go anywhere I feel like. haha...

We bumped into Tania again at the train station and we took the same train back south. And it so happens that we have got to change train at the next same train station even though we are heading to different destination. But as there are at least 2 hours of gap in between, we rested at the closed train station chatting the minutes away and with Edmund playing his guitar.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we bid goodbye to each other as our trains came one after another. Not knowing when we will see each other again, but we were glad that we did had the wonderful memories together.


Day 126
Date: 5 JAN 2009


And so I arrived at Turku in the morning. Drop my stuff at my new host, Katja's place and went out sightseeing the town again. Turku is a very small town and I managed to see most of the stuffs in one day. Here are the pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen in my life. Orange sky with floating ice on a river and snow coated ships. Amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Day 127
Date: 6 JAN 2009


Cloud berries can only be found in Northern europe and I am happy that I had some for breakfast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the afternoon, Katja and Jaakko took me for lunch at Jaakko's dad's place. His dad is a professor and works alot with NUS. So he knows alot about Singapore. Everyone present at this lunch were so highly educated. Except me. haha.

At night Katja took me over to her friends house warming party. Today is also the last day of Xmas and so we destory the gingerbread cookie house by eating it. hahahaa. We also had that Xmas drink again. It was the same interesting drink that I had at Taina's place.

Took a few shots on the way back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was back to bed. I am looking forward to Sweden tomorrow. It will be a new page on this journey. Join me!



*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home