Thursday, June 04, 2009

Day 132 & 133: Stockholm STOCKHOLM!!!

Day 132
Date: 11 JAN 2009


I went for a couchsurfing sunday brunch gathering today. Met quite a few people from several different countries. We all took turns to introduce ourselves.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was this guy who left me a very deep impression as his introduction was quite funny. HE said something like, "Hey my name is ..... I am from Iran but I am not dangerous and I do not have bombs with me." Thats funny isnt it?

At this gathering, I met michel again. Remember him? He is that french guy who has been travelling for a year and a half. I met him in Rovaneimi Finland.

Photobucket

Then after the brunch gathering, I went over to Nathelie house. She is that french girl whom I met 2 nights ago. My initial plan was to go to Denmark after Sweden but she changed my mind. She wanted to go further up north and somehow she managed to get me going back to the real cold again. And I managed to convince her to do it on a road trip. HA. Yeah, driving above the arctic circle on snow. it will be a real experience. And so we did. Thats us planning our route at her place.

Photobucket


Day 133
Date: 12 JAN 2009


Oh, did I tell you that my host in Sweden is actually a doctor and I am actually sleeping at his clinic instead of at his place? And did I tell you that my bed is actually the massage bed where there is a hole for your face when you lie on your tummy. It was interesting.

Photobucket

More of Stockholm!!! Near the start of the old town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lets move in.

Photobucket

The narrowest street in the old town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Interesting painting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Viking!

Photobucket

Inside a church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The famous 3 crowns of sweden.

Photobucket

Then it was time for me to go to the City Hall to receive my Nobel award. Haha..

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am proud to be a Nobel price winner.

Photobucket

My new found friend.

Photobucket

I work hard for the award. Hang on my friend!! When there's a will, there's a way. Your turn will come soon.

Photobucket

Finally its my turn to go in to check out the city hall.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a painting of the exact view you can see outside the window.

Photobucket

I was lucky cause there is a parliment meeting later today and so everything was set up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The grandest part of the city hall. Everything was in gold.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is the hall where the annual Nobel Price Dinner/Ceremony is held.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaving the entry sticker on this colourful sticker board before exiting.

Photobucket

Riverfront.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was back to the city.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then after dinner, I went to one last place before heading home. It is one of the icon of Stockholm. It is the place where the popular Ice Hockey of Stockholm was more often than not being played. It is the Globe Arena of Stockholm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home