Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 149 & 150: Liverpool

Day 149
Date: 28 JAN 2009


After discovering that it is even cheaper to travel by plane instead of coaches and trains, I have decided to fly to Liverpool from Stockholm. MY air tickets with all taxes inclusive only cost me SGD$41.69. Cheap right?

Anyway, I forgot to mention about my total expenses for Norway, Finland and Sweden in my previous post. So here goes.

Total number of days: 21Days.
Total amount spent: SGD$2079.10

And so I took a morning coach from Stockholm City to the airport.

Photobucket


This is a picture taken on board the aircraft when I was approaching Liverpool. If you look clearly, the tip of the building is actually above the clouds.

Photobucket

After a few hours of flight time, I am finally in Liverpool, England, The United Kingdom.

Photobucket

The first place I went to was Liverpool One, a new shopping area, to get myself a prepaid sim card. After getting it, I sat down and tried to get it work. Just as I was doing that, a old man came over and started talking to me. As soon as he found out that I am from Singapore, he got excited. It turned out that he used to be a soldier and he was based in Singapore for many years during those days when Singapore was still under the British.

Photobucket

Liverpool fans anyone? (By the way, I am not a fan of football/soccer)

Photobucket

Being in Uk made me felt as if I am home as there were so many similarities. For example, right hand drive traffic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

However, being in left hand drive countries for so long, I was a little confuse at right when coming to crossing of roads. Haha.

And then I went to Mathew Street. If you are a Beatles fan, you will definitely go crazy here. This was the place where these boys gain fame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaving Mathew Street, I went walking around the town while waiting for my new host to get back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thats me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey, I did not know that Liverpool was chosen as the European capital of culture in 2008.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hmmm.. Other than we both drive on the same as of the road,

Photobucket

We use the same power plug too. Haha.

Photobucket

After meeting up with my host, we went for a movie that night. It has been 5 months since I stepped into a cinema.



Day 150
Date: 29 JAN 2009


I spent the whole day exploring Liverpool today. This is the bombed out church. It was being bombed and thus the name. The roof's gone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey!!! Be careful mate. Isnt that dangerous? ohh... its not real. Its fake. Haha..

Photobucket

When the east meets the west.

Photobucket

Making my way to Albert Dock. Pictures taken along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

CCTVs are everywhere on the streets in UK. This tells something about the crime rate.

Photobucket

Albert Dock, famous, for many things. The Beatles story, for example.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not forgetting the Titanic. It was a ship of Liverpool as well.

Photobucket

This qoute was taken in the slave museum. It sounded very sad and depress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More random pictures while taking a walk back home. Whats a soccer bus??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last stop, the new church of Liverpool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home