Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 151 - 153: Liverpool 2

Day 151
Date: 30 JAN 2009


First thing that caught my attention when I went out of the house was this cute speed limit sign.

Photobucket

Then I passed by the Philharmonic Dinning Rooms,

Photobucket

before reaching the old church of Liverpool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After which I drop by the Bombed out church again but this time round, I went in to have a look. It seems like they will be having a Chinese New Year celebration here soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After which, I visited museums after museums. These includes but are not limited to the court.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How do I look as a judge?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first air conditioning in the world.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The art gallery.

Photobucket

Photobucket


























Is that a cross I see on the floor?

Photobucket

The music museum.

Photobucket

The soccer museum.

Photobucket

Then on the way back home, I saw this really interesting advertisement.

Photobucket

At night, I went clubbing with my host and her housemate.

Photobucket

And it was also the first time I saw people taking coke live in front of me. Anyway, that aside, I love these word on the Ciggy pack. Definitely will stop me from smoking because I think it sounded more scary than those pictures which Singapore govt use on Ciggy packs.

Photobucket


Day 152
Date: 31 JAN 2009


Did nothing. Just rest and relax at my host's place.


Day 153
Date: 1 FEB 2009


Went to the bombed out church for the Chinese New Year Celebration today. However, since this is a bombed out church, as the name suggested, there is a risk involved in entering the church and so I have to sign a waiver of liability before I am allow to enter.

Photobucket

Anyway, I love the decoration inside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of so many thing, I find these empty buckets the most interesting. Cause they had made used of waste and recycled them into musical instruments. Just like STOMP.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not only that, they make nice music as well. Check out this video.



Then there was the Lion dance. Which was what I was looking forward to. But as soon as it started dancing, it started to snow as well. Nevertheless, the show still went on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

However, this lion dance turned out to be the most hilarious that I had ever seen. It was so comical. So Gao3 Xiao4 lor. Aiyo.... so funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See this video and you will know how different and Gao3 Xiao4 it is. I cant stop smiling to myself. This is not the proper lion dance but it was nice with a twist. Must watch till the end, quite funny. Where got lion dance go disturb the people and the da4 tou2 wa2 wa2 also. Haha.



After the lion dance, it was time for open air movie. It was cold and even though we covered ourselves with the blanket(towel) which they provided us, it was still quite cold and so we decided to leave.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went back home to watch video tapes. Old school but nice. By the way, thats my bed. haha.. Small but comfy.

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Yenny said...

你戴上那假发的样子好傻~ *掩嘴偷笑*

外国人对于过节日和中国人有不同的看法吧~
不然怎么会有这么搞笑的舞狮...

我有个朋友是马来西亚的醒狮团代表,
常到国外去教人舞狮...
嗯,不知道会不会是他的杰作呢... 呵呵

8:51 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

u better check with him what have he done!!?!? wahahaha

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home