Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 154 - 159: Manchester Travel Base

Date: 2-7 FEB 2009

Leaving Liverpool, I made my way to Manchester to meet my friend Clayton. He studies there and he was kind enough to take me in. So that's it. Manchester will be my travel base for now. And it will also be my resting point. haHA.

I arrived at Manchester and Clayton came to pick me up at the coach station. According to him, it rarely snow that heavily in Manchester and so he got excited and made a video while we were walking back to his place.



Knowing that I had been traveling for quite sometime and that its chinese new year, Clayton brought me some chinese new year goodies from singapore. He just came back from his school break. OMG!!! You do not have the slightest idea how delicious it taste. Especially to have them overseas. YUMYUM!!!

Photobucket

Other than that, he brought me BREAD TALK as well!!! OMG!!! I miss Singapore food.

Photobucket

And I saw these Upon stepping into his kitchen. Man I love it.

Photobucket

It means that its about time to whop up some Singapore dishes. Man, I miss having rice. I have been surviving on potatoes and breads most of the time. Its time for some rice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So for the next few days, Clayton went for his classes as normal and I just relax at his place. This is his university.

Photobucket

And it was more cooking everyday. heehee...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And when he was free, he showed me around town. This was one of the places he showed me. It is canal street. However, it is better known as gay street. Looking at all these rainbow flag, you should know what I mean.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a very hilarious photo. What's Canal without the letter "c"?? So the name of this street became Anal street (Gay street = Anal street). Hahaha.. It really suits the place. I wonder who did it? So funny that they took away the C and the government did nothing to replace it.

Photobucket

Chinatown Manchester.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you know what are all these spots on the ground? It is not bird shit. It is chewing gum. I suddenly am happy that Singapore bans chewing gum.

Photobucket

More pictures taken in Manchester City Center.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seeing these raising bollards only reminds me of one video.

Photobucket

Photobucket



More pictures taken in Manchester City Center

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Krispy Kream!!

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Yenny said...

那个时候,我刚好也有朋友在英国,
为了要赶上从另一个地方来我这儿的飞机,
他从到达那天就在祈祷雪千万别继续下~ 呵呵
你朋友倒是很兴奋嘛~

是英国的街道都这么古典,
还是你拍的都是古典的镜头?:p

Krispy Kream~
我这儿终于有了~ Hooray~!

8:32 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

Most of their building are like these. Ofcourse they do have modern buildings as well but not as many.

Why are there no Krispy Kream in Singapore?

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home