Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Day 166 - 174: Best Job In The World.

Day 166
Date: 14 FEB 2009


Got back to Manchester in the morning feeling very tired. Gave Clayton his present which I bought for him from Switzerland.

Photobucket

Today is Valentine's day. Since the 3 of us here do not have a Valentine, it was just another day for us. We made dinner for ourselves and then spent the rest of the night as per normal. Sad right? Sob sob. Where is my love?

Photobucket

I made lemon chicken for dinner. It was my first attempt. I added too much corn flour which resulted in a very thick sauce. It was so thick that it will never drip. Clayton took a video of it. It was hilirous.




Day 167
Date: 15 FEB 2009


Took a walk to town and I bumped into a friend of mine (Fabian from 36) along the way. What a small world. I haven seen him for a long time and never would I know that I will bump into him in England instead of Singapore.

In the evening, Clayton, Leo and me went out to do some gorcery shopping.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Day 168 - 171
Date: 16 FEB 2009 - 19 FEB 2009


I got to know that the Great Barrier Reef in Queenlands, Australia had an unbelievable job offer. They were looking for someone to work in Hamilton's Island. Work, they said. But the job scope was actually to enjoy as much as you can and then blog your daily activities for the world to see. The pay was incredibly high and accomadation including flights were inclusive. It was indeed the best job in the world. I decided to give a shot at it. All interested applicants have to submit a 60 secs or less video and this was what I did.



Tens of thousands of people applied for this job but only 1 will get it. Results will only be made known a few weeks later. Wish me luck.

Anyway, something extraordinary happened on the night of 18 FEB 2009. A GUNFIGHT broke out 2 doors from where we stayed. It happened in the middle of the night. However, for some reasons, that did not wake me up. I slept through a gunfight without realising it. 2 of our housemate heard it and woke up. (Damn!! Why did't they wake me up. I want to see it for myself). According to them, they heard shots followed by a few moments of slience and then the authorities shouted "POLICE!!" followed by another few BANG BANG BANG!! Dramatic!!! But I did not get to witness it myself. But when I woke up on the next day, I saw edviences of the gun fight. It did happen.

Shots were fired through this window. Notice the glass fragments on the ground.

Photobucket

Closed up on the fragments.

Photobucket

The police breached through this door to get into the house.

Photobucket


Day 172
Date: 20 FEB 2009


A silly photo taken right after I woke up.

Photobucket

Grey, a friend of Clayton's, came over to Manchester for the weekend to celebrate his brithday. We all went out to a Chinese Restaurant for dinner.

This was interesting to me. I never knew that you can learn how to use a chopstick from a chopstick cover.

Photobucket

The food!!

Photobucket

The eaters!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is me demotrasting how to eat a banana and dig your nose at the same time. Why? It was a long story, a joke.

Photobucket

The birthday boy and his cake. For you information, we did not buy this cake. It was baked by Clayton.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a long night at the restaurant, we settled the bill and went home.

Photobucket


Day 173
Date: 21 FEB 2009


The birthday celebration continues for a second day. It started off with an evening of home cooked food. Each of us made a dish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Followed by some beers, wines and baileys with some drinking games. CLAYTON GOT REAL DRUNK!!! For those who have never seen CLAYTON HIGH & DRUNK before, you have got to see the following pictures!! He simply goes around hugging and kissing people before he finally concuss. HAHA. And when he wakes up, the cycle repeats itself!! HAHA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Day 174
Date: 22 FEB 2009


After 2 days of celebrations, the party has to go on for a third day! Haha.. I am just kidding. It was a relax day today, We went out to Heaton Park for a walk and some fresh air.

Grey withdarwing some money from the ATM before making our way to Heaton Park. Of all places, why did they place an ATM in an alleyway? Wouldn't this increase the crime rate? Who would dare to take cash from here at night? I still cant figure out the reason for settling on this location.

Photobucket

Photos taken in Heaton Park.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This lama is so prevertic. It went smelling the urine of another lama and than he raised his head high up like this as if he was damn high and shiok!! Not only once but many many times!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its a Magnum Thing!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A cute and funny bird. Black everywhere but has a white face. Look as if it was wearing a white mask.

Photobucket

Than back in Manchester, we saw some interesting portable male toilets. A whole row of urinals at the main road of manchester city. We could see everyone peeing!! And if you are wondering what are those liquid flowing from the urinals onto the road, yes, it is URINE!!

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

1 Comments:

Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

testing

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home