Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 101 & 102: Klaipeda, Kretinga, Orvydu, Sodyba & Palanga.

Day 101
Date: 11 DEC 2008



So I made my way to Klaipeda. It was kind of interesting how caring a stranger can be to another. I was sleeping in the bus on my way toward Klaipeda and this old lady on board was so kind. She thought that I was sick and kept asking me if I am ok or do I need any help etc.

I got to Klaipeda at about early evening, drop my things at my new host's place and Off I went wondering around the streets. Klaipeda is a very small town. Nothing really exciting. The reason why I am here is to visit the Curonian Spit, the pride of Lithuania. Will tell you more when I get there. As for now, this is Klaipeda town.

Still you dont see many people on the streets and its not even 6pm in the evening.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Why? Well, remember that I said I felt very empty in Lithuania? This is why.

Land area of Lithuania: 65,303 square kilometer.
Population of Lithuania: 3.4 million people

Land area of Singapore: 707 square kilometer
Population of Singapore: 4.6 million people

Now you know why I felt so empty? A normal weekday walk in Orchard Road will see more people than you find on the streets here anytime. Despite its empty streets, it is totally safe to go anywhere. So dont be afraid. Lithuania is a nice country!!


Day 102
Date: 12 DEC 2008


Went out on a road trip to Kretinga, Oruydy, Sodyba & Palanga with my host, Egle, and her friends. However, before we go, lets do a little decoration on our car!! Egla and gang are volunteers of an environment care group. So some of these pictures that we put up on the car actually have meanings behind it.

This is the website.

Photobucket

This actually means do not shop without thinking. Use your head when you shop. Care for the environment, help save the world!

Photobucket

COUCHSURFING!!!! MY FAVOURITE!! MY LOVE!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happily making photographs of the nicely decorated car.

Photobucket

We first visited a park

Photobucket

And then went into a church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice alter made from marble?

Photobucket

It is actually made from wood. Impressive ya?

Photobucket

Up at the Bell tower of the church. We were all snapping away with our cameras

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Views from the Bell Tower

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the ceiling of the church.

Photobucket

Inside the crypt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the church, we made our way back to the car.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And while driving to our next destination, some were navigating with the map,

Photobucket

while others were enjoying a hot cup of tea.

Photobucket

The next place they brought me to is very interesting. It is in the woods. It is a place created out of rocks and stones by a man many years ago. It is the result from his love for rocks, stones and nature. It is amazing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was until 31 AUG 2008 that I dont really like to hear about this bomb!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then ended off the evening with a walk along the Baltic Sea at Palanga,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and a hot drink in the cafe (That was when we met a "drunken" man).

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home