Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 100: Trakai Peninsula Castle

Date: 10 DEC 2008

Trakai Peninsula Castle is located in Trakai, Lithuania on an island on the shores of Lake Galvė. The castle is sometimes referred to as "Little Marienburg". The construction of the stone castle was begun in the 14th century by Kęstutis, and around 1409 major works were completed by his son Vytautas the Great, who died in this castle in 1430. Trakai was one of the main centers of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the castle held great strategic importance. It is also the centerpiece of Trakai, a beautiful, picturesque castle.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore I shall show you tons of pictures to make up for the loss of words in this post. Enjoy this awesome castle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This place is so beautiful that I basically just sat by the lake and be mesmerized by the amazing sunset.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I went back to have dinner with my host, Ausrine, and her flatmates. As this was my last night here in Vilnius, they brought me out to have some authentic Lithuanian food. This was where we went to. A lovely restaurant which lies in the woods.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But before I got my food, I was being put to test. I had to finish all 6 shots of different Lithuanian Spirits.

Photobucket

And I passed!!! YEAH!!

Photobucket

So now I can eat!!

Photobucket

This is my host Ausrine.

Photobucket

And they are her flatmates.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you for hosting me girls. Cheers.

Photobucket

*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home