Monday, April 06, 2009

Day 91 & 92: The City of Drawfs

Day 91.

Date: 1 DEC 2008.



I am leaving for Wroclaw today but before I leave Barbara's place, let me show you how safe her apartment is. With so many locks on her door, I felt real safe!!

Photobucket

This is the room that I crashed in for the past few days.

Photobucket

Well, I arrived in Wroclaw in the evening and so I decided to get dinner first before meeting my new host.

Photobucket

I got myself a burger but was quite surprise to see how different the burger looks like.

Photobucket

Dorota is my host here in Wroclaw and she lives quite far out from the city. She lives in the woods actually. Yeah. I wanted to get out of the city for awhile and so I guess her place is the perfect place to be. As she lives in a forest, there are no public transport to her place and so she picked me up the the nearest busstop. very nice of her to do that.

She came with her mum, got into their car, went into the forest and after going for quiet awhile, a wooden house appears in front of us. We went into her house and I was greeted by her younger sister who was dressed up like a fairy as she was still in dress which she wore for a play she took part in earlier on. Her mum made dinner for us. Somehow her place gave me a very warm feeling. The feeling of a perfect house. It was nice and cosy. Furthermore, I can tell that this family has a very close bonding between each other, which is rare in these days.


Day 92.

Date: 2 DEC 2008.



Today is a lazy day. I spent the whole morning and a huge part of the afternoon relaxing in her place. Her house is really very comfortable and I must thank for for letting sleep in her sister's room. I swear that last night was one of my best sleep I had ever since I left on this journey.

It was not until late afternoon when we decided to go to the town. Dorota's mum drove us there. Well, before we do so, let me show you the surrounding of her place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With her sister, Dorota showed me around the town alittle before heading off for her dance classes. So here are some photos of Wroclaw town. This is quite a colourful town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a story that this tower was being blown away by the wind and also something to do with the dragon. I cant really remember.

Photobucket

We had dinner together before Dorota goes for her classes. According to her, this is a very Polish food. So i tried. Cant remember the name though.

Photobucket

After she left, I took a walk around the town myself. I also went walking around the Xmas market, which was quite a sight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at what they have here!! Looks so yummy!! Very tempted to try!! But must control budget.... :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

More pictures around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Angel.

Photobucket

This is making me hungry.

Photobucket

Hilarious tshirts.

Photobucket

OMG!! Food again!

Photobucket

Hey!! How many of you know that Wroclaw is the city of drawfs? There are lots of drawfs everywhere around the city. You just have to look out for it. They are so small that one can easily miss it. And so I begin drawf hunting!! Let's see how many drawfs can I find.

1.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4.

Photobucket

5.

Photobucket

6.

Photobucket

7.

Photobucket

8.

Photobucket

9.

Photobucket

10.

Photobucket

11.

Photobucket

12.

Photobucket

Ok, that took me quite a while to locate. So I managed to find 12 in total. Not sure how many of them are around though. So, if you have been to wroclaw, how many drawfs did you find? Just me know!!

In the evening, Dorota's mum picked up us and drove us back home. Then we had dinner together. This really seems to be the perfect family. Everyone seems to know their chores very well. Everyone did their part without needing others to tell them to do so. Even the 14 years old sister was helping. Cooking, swepping, washing, you name it, you have it. Everyone contributes. Everyone does it automatically. The mum do not even have to ask them to do so. They are so perfect. So fairytale like. This is something which is very uncommon in Singapore these days. Even when parents ask their kids to help, most kids do not even bother to help out.

Do you know what is this? this is something I find very interesting. In order to keep the pot of tea/coffee warm, they made a "blanket" for it. Useful ya?

Photobucket

Then after dinner, we spent the evening watching a movie together. What did we watch? Beauty and the beast. haha.. yes.. a cartoon.. a fairytale. Well, you will be surprised. A fairytale never seems to be so nice before. It gave me a different feeling as compared to when i watched it while i was a kid. I enjoyed it, I laughed at it and I found it touching. Her younger sister enjoyed it more than I do. She goes "OH......" and started clapping whenever the story has a happy scene.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A wonderful place indeed. Everyone's smiling, noone's complaining. Makes me wanna live in this kind of house and start my own happy family. You know, wife and kids and then live happily ever after. Well, many people says that that only happens in fairytales. But do you believe in fairytales? At least for now, I do. Cause I seems to be in one now.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin M said...

That food you ate was cabbage rolls (golabki), very tasty ;)

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Lonely Lifeless Girl said...

So Nice to be able to enjoy the warm of a close family...i'm sure you can find your perfect family in near future, all the best.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home