Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 84 & 85: Lychakivske Cemetery

DAY 84

I believe that traveling is not only about visiting places of interests but also about getting to know the local's cultures, traditions, lifestyle and daily routines etc. As such, I dedicated one day in Lviv just to meet up and have a chat with the locals.

Tatyana was the person I met up with. She brought me around the city, showed me her university but we spent most of our time sitting in cafes, talking about her country and mine. It was more or less like a culture exchange. Here are some pictures atken along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the few places she told me about was this very interesting cafe. Apparently, this cafe is owned by the same boss as the bar which Orest brought me to last night. But instead of military theme, this cafe's theme is Hard Sex. Waiter and waiteress are dressed up in leather suits and have whips. If you feel like getting a smack on your ass, you can request for one and they will be more than willing to smack you hard.

The other interesting place was this church. I would say that this is the most spooky church that I have ever been to. Why? Because there is a painting of a HEADLESS JESUS on of the walls in the church and on the other wall, there is a painting of a person holding JESUS'S HEAD in his arms, with BLOOD FLOWING OUT FROM JESUS'S EARS, EYES, NOSE, AND MOUTH. You know, 七孔流血。 Well, those imagines were ailttle horrifying. I was kind of shock to see those that I forget to take pictures of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, Tatyana left and so I went walking around the town for awhile more with her friend Viktoriya. But it was not long after that she too had to leave and so we bidded goodbye. I then make my way back home and took these photos along the way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back at Orest's place, I made him some Singaporean Food to thank him for hosting me. What did I cook? Fried Rice. What? Again? Yeah. Simple and easy. So, why not? Well, he invited 2 friends over for dinner as they were both interested. Like Orest, I guessed it was their first encounter with a Singaporean and so they too wanted some culture exchange. Well, thats why Orest hosted me. I am his first Singaporean guest.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Day 85


I was told that I should NOT leave Lviv without visiting the Lychakivske Cemetery, which is the Pere Lachaise of Eastern Europe. And so I made a trip there and I must say that I did not regret a bit on going there. That place's awesome!! Cemeteries in Asian always gives people a very spooky feeling but here, the Lychakivske cemetery made me felt very comfortable. I spent many hours walking around from tomb to tomb, admiring the beauty of it.

Getting there was not very difficult, neither was it very easy. It took me quite a while to find it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it was definitely worth the effort. From here onwards, you will see pictures of nearly 100 tombs. But do not be afraid, do not be overwhelmed. Take your time and look at each tomb carefully. Non of them are identical but are unique in their own ways. And with the carpet of snow coating over them, it brought the beauty to a even higher level.

Want to see it without being there yourself? Then see it for free with ZeeVinCeZ in his Cold Journey. Thats the way to be. Enjoy!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a couple tomb. Being buried together is a blessing after all. They will be togther forever more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Want to spend some quiet moments with your love ones even when they are gone? Here you can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

More tombs for you to admire.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like this alot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, although I had spent hours there. I only managed to cover a fraction of it. That place was huge. Going back to the city center, I spent some proper time going through the streets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was suppose to be a story behind this I kind of forget already. :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of so many buildings, sculptures and statues. These are my favourites. I bet there are nowhere else on earth where you can find a similar one. The Statue of Liberty. Everyone should know that. Ya? She has been standing tall for years. Well, maybe she's tired. Maybe it's time for her to take a break. So, she decided to have a sit here in Ukarine. The one and only STATUE OF LIBERTY in the world which is SITTING DOWN, I reckon.

Photobucket

Here's another one. Who on earth does not know Jesus? Nailed to the cross, he had suffered on behalf of human kind. He too, was standing (nailed) to the cross for tens of hundreds of years. Maybe its time for him to have a break. So here it is, believe it or not, we have JESUS GETTING OFF THE CROSS, SITTING DOWN IN DEEP THOUGHTS.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I saw lots of naked man and woman hanging all over the opera house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also went to the High Castle Hill Which has a great overview of the whole city.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to the city again, I did alittle more exploration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Along the way, I saw this tram restaurant. It sort of reminded me that I am hungry and so I went back to Orest's place for dinner. It had been a long day.

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home