Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 71 & 72: Vodka Again

Day 71

The heavy drinking last night resulted in a hangover today. Never in my life had I only drank shots after shots and not anything else. Well, I always said that I wanted to experience the culture of the locals when I travel. Now, I did. Thats the drinking culture here. So, Day 71 became a rest day. I basically did nothing at all. I only went out for lunch with my host, thats it. We went to a chinese restaurant. Interestingly, all chinese restaurant in Europe have these big red lanterns hanging at the door. It is sort of a symbol for Chinese Restaurants. But you only see these overseas. Not many chinese restaurants have these lantern back at home.

If you are wondering why did I say lunch when the sky is already so dark? No, I did not make a mistake. Cause its winter. The days were so short that the sky went dark at around 3-4pm.

Photobucket


Day 72

I feel so refresh after a good rest. I am full of energy and am ready to explore Odessa again. But first, let me introduce my host. This is Ramses. Do I need to tell you where is he from? It is pretty obvious isnt it? Still dont know? Alright, he is from tunisia.

Photobucket

And this is where he lives. I dont know why but this place reminds me of Teban gardens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I spent the whole day roaming around Odessa looking for nice buildings both occupied and vacant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I was strolling along the streets, I noticed an interesting sight. I saw prams with babies lying randomly along the streets with no parents around. Noone was looking after them. Why?

Photobucket

And so I stood there for awhile to observe. After a few minutes, a lady came out from a shop and pushes one of the prams away. Then that same lady pushed her pram down the streets, stopped at another shop, leave the parm with her baby outside and went in. Hmmmm.... What a culture. Even though I can strongly say that nothing would happen to the baby if you were to do the same in singapore but no singaporeans would leave their babies out of their sight in public.

Then I went to the train station to get my ticket for tomorrow. A little russian lesson. Haha. After being in russian speaking countries for more than a month, I can now speak a few simple words and recognise a few characters. For example, in this photo, the word you see in the top right hand corner is "Vok Zal", which means station. Train in russian would be "Pole Ace".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After getting my tickets, I went to see some selfish people. Oh, I mean people who sell fishes. HA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey, he is selling things straight from his container truck.

Photobucket

I also went to the beach. This is the black sea and it is my second time at the black sea. The first time I saw the black sea was in Jan 2008 when I was in Istanbul.

Photobucket

Europe is very "wheel" friendly. They have ramps like these on all stairs. I think that this is a very good idea. Not only does it facilitates people on wheelchairs to go up and down the steps easily, it also makes it easier for parents to push their baby prams. It is so good. You will not have to lift up the wheelchair/pram while going up and down the stairs.

Photobucket

This toilet gave me a shock. I always thought that the toilets in china are the most unique ones as they do not have doors. But this particulr toilet in this park is even more shocking. Not only does it not have doors, it does not even have walls to segregate from each individual cubicial. Never thought that I would see such a toilet again ever since I left China.

Photobucket

At night, I met with up my host and his american friend, kevin, at a pizza restaurant for dinner. I had a very large, super size XXXXL "curry puff".

Photobucket

So whats after dinner? Hmmm... Its vodka time again. We went over to kevin's place and we drank till 10am the next morning. Same place, same drink, different drinking game. We were playing the drinking game of "How I met your mum". Want to know how to play this game? Try googling it.

Well, I got better this time. Unlike 2 nights ago, I was not drunk. HAHA. YEAH!



*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lonely Lifeless Girl said...

Think you are a good drinker after every shot ... =)

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home