Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 69: Last Day in Kiev, Not.

Even though I mentioned that I do not like the feeling of being involved in a Orthodox service, I still cant take my eyes off these beautiful churches and so I went back for more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

People drinking some holy water for blessing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Outside the church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaving these chruches, I went to take a walk in the park which has a nice view of the city.

Photobucket

And also a playground for kids to enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How I wish I can play a guitar. If so, then I can earn some money to prolong my travel.

Photobucket

Then, I went to a flee market to check out their stuffs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A tempt sheltered walkway became her stall.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can find lots of interesting things here. Especially if you are interested in collecting old and unique stuffs.

Photobucket

Old cameras

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old soviet military badges.

Photobucket

Soviet time papers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lenin's head.

Photobucket

More badges.

Photobucket

Military head dress, gas mask, chemical suits, pilot helmet and masks.

Photobucket

More head dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the flee market stands another beautiful church and I was so grateful that I went in.

Photobucket

Not only because it is beautiful,

Photobucket

Photobucket

but beacuse there was a ritual/ceremony going on. Unlike the type of feeling which I got from the service that I attended last night, this feeling now is totally different. It was a happy occasion. The mood was light which made me felt much better. Can you guess what is this ceremony about?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even though I dont understand what is going on, I could roughly figure out that they must be performing some form of blessing for the baby. Were you thinking of the same?

Then, like last night, I went to meet up with another 2 Couchsurfers. Along the way...

Photobucket

Along the way I saw a very nice motorcycle. How I wish I can be back on the saddle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, here are the 2 couchsurfers. They are so friendly. We had some tea and talked about travels. This is Alla.

Photobucket

This is Anna.

Photobucket

Then I went back to my host place to make dinner. I made fried rice for my host to try and also to thank her for hosting me. It was quite a nice dinner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I packed up my stuff and head for the train station. I will be going around Ukraine for a couple of weeks before coming back to Keiv again. So it was very nice of my host to allow me to leave my main bag at her place and so I did. I just took with me a few things which I require for the next few weeks.

Then on the train, I realised that it was exactly the same design as the one I took in Kazakhstan except the fact that it was 70years newer. Maybe this is a soviet design. The train's facility was really quite good but then still I had a hard time falling asleep. Why? Because I was sleeping in a 4 person wagon. And in my wagon, sleeping right next to me, is this damn hot girl. She is tall and has a devilish figure just like a model. 该凸的地方凸, 该扁的地方扁。 该大的地方大,该小的地方小。 And she was wearing a tight hot pants with a body hugging top. Every guy that walked passed my wagon turned and stared at her for a few seconds. No wonder some people say that ukraine has the most beautiful woman in the world. I guess what they said is true. But What I told you wasnt. HA. I was so tired that I fell asleep real soon after giving her a few look. Just like last night, nothing happened.

Were you disappointed? Dont be.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the priest was baptizing the baby.

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway, where in the world are you now? Curious.

1:39 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

(PALMER) I am in Manchester UK. :)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Lonely Lifeless Girl said...

So I guess all man are the same after all =)

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home