Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 60: Bokonbayevo

Took some pictures in his beautiful garden before making my way to Bokonbayevo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once again, this is the owner;

Photobucket

And he is a eagle hunter.

Photobucket

I tired to get to Bokonbayevo by minibus but I waited very long and none that passed by wanna stop. As I was waiting, I decided to take some phots of this desserted small town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I waited.... and waited... and waited... but no minibus wanna stop and so I decided to take a "taxi" instead. Remember I had mentioned that it is possible to just flag down any transport with wheels and can move? I am gonna do just that.

After awhile, I managed to flag down a car which already has a passenger in front and 3 big size old lady behind. But still I have to get on the car if not I do not know how long more do I have to wait before the next vehicle comes along. So guess what? I was sitting on the armrest of the car door on one side of my ass with the other hanging in midair throughout the whole journey. Luckily the ride was only less than an hour. I pity my ass.

I managed to reach Bokonbayevo before noon thinking that I might be able to do a day horse trek. But still, I had no chance. Here they have horses for me, but have no guide. This is the 3rd time that I tried but did not managed to do horseback riding. I really wanted to try it so much but I guess I am just not fated to do so. As a result, I spent the whole afternoon wondering around the town. saw a very cute wedding car which had 2 huge wedding rings made out of aluminium foil on the top of the car.

Took some pictures of the kids in town.

Photobucket

Kids drinking from a public tap.

Photobucket

Nice carpet design boxes.

Photobucket

Today is the day which my passport should be ready for collection. I called the lady from the tour agency wanting to tell her that I will only be able to collect it on the following monday instead as I am not in Bishkek now. But I was shocked to hear that she forget to collect my passport from the embassy. ............. To top it up, she did not even apologise for her mistake and she even asked me to call her again on monday to remind her to go and collect my passport. What the..... I cant believe what I am hearing...

Ok, shall not think about it.. Anyway, I had one of my best dinner ever since I got to Krygyzstan. Looks good huh?

Photobucket

But then, I got company!!

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home