Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 54: Cholpon Ata to Karakol

Jam are a local delight here especially around lake Issyk-Kol as they said that the best jams (blackcurrant) and honey are from Issyk-Kol.

Photobucket

This was the guesthouse that I stayed at. They also organise horse treks here and I wanted to join them at last minute but there were no more horses for me.

Photobucket

So I ended up leaving here with doing the horsetrek. As I made my way to the bus station, I saw lots of snow in the mountions.

Photobucket

Arrived in Karakol in the afternoon and went to explore the town as usual. Saw a 17 or 18 century chruch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are some typical colonial buildings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I saw an very interesting mosque. It looks like a chinese temple but it is actually a mosque. Built in 1910, it was completed without using any nails.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey, kids in Singapore are so fortunate. While they are complaining that they do not have the lastest game gadgets like PSP, the children in Krygyzstan only have these. Rusting playground. So lets all treasure what we have and be contented with our lives.

Photobucket

Photobucket

More traditional Krygyz food for dinner.

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home