Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 45: Fate

Looking out of the window from the apartment, I saw the same mountain sitting there in the exact position as it was when I left Almaty least week. The only difference now is that it has changed colour. It is now all white, covered with snow. "Winter is coming," I told myself.

Photobucket

While I was admiring the snow mountain, I saw a pack of uniquely designed marlboro lying on the table beside me.

Photobucket

The first thing I did in the morning was to call up the motorclub to confirm the ride for this weekend as I am so looking forward to it. However, no matter how many times I call, it just did not get through and so I made a trip down to the clubhouse once again.

The security guy told me that the incharge's handphone's battery went flat and asked me to waited awhile for him to be back. And so I did. While waiting, I played table soccer with him and he showed me around the clubhouse. It is a very nice place to chill out. They have liveband, bar and dancefloor here. All these are for relaxation after a good ride from the mountains. They even have a seperate bar for both winter and summer (indoor and outdoor).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I waited for an hour and the incharge was still not back. I cant wait anymore as I have something on and so I left my number there hoping that the guy will call me back later in the day. I really hope he will call me back.

Anyway, I went to meet Maiya for lunch. She is the girl whom I met on the streets twice last week. Whenever I meet someone from another country, it is like an exchange program for me. I get to learn more about their culture and like wise for them. We chatted about everything. I told her alot about Singapore and she told me alot about Kazakhstan. We also talked about how we think Kazakhstan will be like in the future.

Personally I think Kazakhstan will grow very fast. Firstly they are very rich in petrol and they are the fastest developing country in central asia. Then their president respect Lee Kuan Yew alot. He even mentioned that he will follow Lee Kuan Yew's way of bringing up Singapore to bring up Kazakhstan. So, I think Kazakhstan is the country to look out for. Many good opportunities there.

We spoke about languages too. I translated her name into chinese and she translated mine into Russian. Here is my name is written in russian. The first 2 rows are Singapore written in russian and the last row is my name in russian.

Photobucket

Soon its time to bid goodbye.

有缘千里来相会,无缘相见不相识。

Well, it was fate that let us bumped into each other twice last week, it was fate that we became friends and so lets leave it to fate if we ever get the chance to meet again. If not, all the best for her and Kazakhstan!!

Photobucket

Then back at Valeriya's place, motorclub called me up saying that the ride for the weekend is cancelled as many people back out last minute. But there is a offroad competition going on and if I would like to go and watch it, I can join them. But I did not. It is not my cup of tea. It is a pity that the ride was cancelled. I was so looking forward to it. Everything happens for a reason, maybe I am just not fated to bike in kazakhstan. Well, I guess I will have to make other plans for this weekend.

By the way, this is how you write Kazakhstan in the Kazakh: KA3AXCTAH. Interesting isnt it?


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home