Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 49: Border Crossing

I am crossing the border to Krygyzstan today. Bidded goodbye to Valeriya's brother and left him a gift. Since I do not need the helmet anymore, I decided to make it into something for them to remember me. A token of appreciation.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I went to the bus station and boarded a minibus. The minibus will only leaves when full so, I waited quite awhile.

Photobucket

So before I leave Kazakhstan, let me show you how the Kazakh currency looks like. It is very colourful.

Photobucket

After a few hours on the minibus, I finally reached the border of Kazakhstan and Krygyzstan. Alight the minibus, and walk across the border for border clearance. The customs brought me to a room. I thought it would be difficult, I thought trouble's coming but no. Things were also very easy here. They only asked me questions like do I have drugs or guns with me. Thats it. They did not even check my bag. In less than a few minutes, I am done with the border. Then I got back to the minibus and proceed on the journey to Bishkek.

At the border

Photobucket

DATE: 20/10/2008. I AM OFFICALLY IN KRYGYZSTAN. YEAH!!!

Photos of the bus station.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am now in Bishkek, the capitial of krygyzstan. Still I see no backpackers around. I got there in the afternoon and my host only end work at night. So I spent some time in the cafe sorting out the photos. Then at night, my host, ANNA, came with his boyfriend to pick me up. We went for dinner together with their friends. They were all teaching english here. Britishs or Americans. You name it, you have it.

I came to Anna with the mindset that I will be sleeping on the floor as she told me that she does not have a couch for me to sleep. But to my surprise. she let me have her bed while she shared a bed with his boyfriend. That was very nice of her. I felt so paiseh.

Krygyzstan is one of the poorest countries in Central Asia and so they even control the electricity supply. The electricity cuts at a certain time at night and the time is not fixed so it kind of come unexpected. And I spend my first night in the capitial of krygyzstan in darkness. Good thing for me, I brought a flashlight along.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Brice said...

Cool to see that the helmet will have more adventures with the Kazakh people!

Brice

5:47 PM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

Yeah man. Let the spirit flow!!!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home