Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 48: Fellow Singaporeans

I was told that if one had never been to the Grand Canyon in the United States, then the CHARYN CANYON in Kazakhstan is not to be missed!! There is no way that I can go there myself as there are no public transport to that location and so I had to join a day tour.

The bus leaves for Charyn Canyon very early in the morning. I got up the bus, went to my seat and closed my eyes to get some rest. Just as I was falling asleep, I heard a very familiar language with a very familiar accent.


"EH, 前面四个,后面三个 hor"

I open my eyes immediately and take a look, They must be Singaporeans!!! I must go and talk to them. Haven spoke Singlish for a long time. So before I forget how to speak Singlish, I better practise it.

So here are the fellow Singaporeans. They are now working in Kazakhstan. So happy to have met them. "We the citizen of Singapore, Pledge ourselves as one united people........." HAHA..

Photobucket

After a 4 to 5 hours bus ride. We finally arrived at Charyn Canyon. Here's a photo of one of the fellow Singaporean, a Kazakhstan girl and me.

Photobucket

Well, enough said. Let the photos do the talking. Here are the photos taken in Charyn Canyon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a long walk through the Canyon, a beautirul river appears in front of us. It was a perfect place to snack and pinic. There we met a Danish girl and ended up snacking together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then along the way, we met a guy from Sichun who is now living in USA. Since we are all chinese, so we decided to have chinese cusine tonight. One of these guys acutally opens a chinese restuarant here. It was an awesome dinner. Then after dinner, their chuffers came to pick them up and thus they give me a lift back to Valeriya's place.

Though the night was cold and windy, and I felt alittle bit sick, I still enjoyed myself alot today.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home