Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Day 56: The Beauty Of Altyn Arashan

(Side Note: I am currently in day 127 of the Cold Journey (7 jan 2009). How amazing technology is. I am now backdating/blogging using wifi on a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere in the sea going from finland to sweden!!! I love technology!!)

Back to Day 56:

Woke up in the morning and the tempreture is still below 0.

Photobucket

Ever felt that your ass is freezing? Well, I did. Try shitting in the snow in sub zero temperature and your ass will feel so numb that you cant feel it anymore.

Photobucket

Here are some pictures taken inside the resthouse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fellow Krygyz trekkers whipping up a simple yet delicious meal for all of us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like the beautiful landscape here. With the aid of snow, it set a pure white picture infront of my eyes. Nature lovers, you should come here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then its time for lunch.

Photobucket

Like I said before, bread is an essential part of every krygyz meal. However, the bread here is Krygyzstan is bake alittle bit differently. It is always round in shape and hard on the rear side as it is baked by sticking the flour to the walls of the oven.

Photobucket

During lunch, another guy who works in a bee farm tells his stories about bees and honey. According to him, The Issykul honey is the best in central asia as there is no pollution at all here. Everything is so natural. Then after lunch, we chill awhile before...

Photobucket

Photobucket

before heading out to the natural hot spring for a dip.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It feels so good to be warm.

Photobucket

But then we were about to do something crazy.

Photobucket

How about going out to the snow TOPLESS and have some fun? OR

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Try to freeze myself even more by dipping myself in the icy cold water of the river. HAHA... First you lower your body, then you....

Photobucket

Ok, I cannot do it, this is too cold for me. Before I can lower my body into the water, my ass is already gone. i cant feel it anymore. This is the best that I can do. Once again, I had forzen my ass for the second time in a day.

Photobucket

YEAH!! That was a great afternoon.

Photobucket

Then these trekkers brought me to see some stones which were dug up when these resthouses here were beign built. The interesting thing is the all these stones contain Tibetian Inscriptions. At first they did not know what letters were those. It was only after some investigation/verification by some pros then they found out. But why were these here? hhmmm.......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A nice fireplace at the hot spring area.

Photobucket

More senic photos of the hot spring's surrounding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What is the best way to chill a beer? Just leave it in the snow. Hey, who need a freezer here??

Photobucket

After enjoying ourselves, it is time to work. We need to get more firewoods in order to keep ourselves warm throughout the night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But hey, never forget to enjoying yourself while working too. This is my first attempt in making a snowman. Comm'on, I know that it is ugly, but it si my first try ok. Ya, dont have to tell me. I know that it looks more like a snow monster. Even one of the krygyz guy laughed his head off when he saw my "snowman".

Photobucket

I WAS HERE!! 27/10/2008

Photobucket

Time to carry these woods back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More picture of the frozen river. Now you know why I cant put my body in? It is really cold for me, a man who lives near the equator. But damn, I am going to try again one day. I am sure i can do it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So what do you have to do when you brought the woods back? You still have to chop it. The work only ends after the chopping is done. Quite a long process isnt it? It makes me appreciate living in the city and the convinent of electricity.

Photobucket

Were you expecting electricity here? Ofcourse not. We dine in candlelight. How romantic. HAHA.

Photobucket

Then after dinner, all of us just stay by the fireplace to keep ourself warm. Sometimes we talk, most of the time we dont. We just sat there staring at the fire. I dont know how I did that but it seems that it was a very relaxing thing to do. That went on for 4-5 hours. Purly staring at the fire.

After the long hours of staring at the fire, I decided to break the silence by teaching them some common Singpore drinking games like "Froggy Froggy Jump" etc. They love this game alot. We had lots of laughters. then we also played games like bluff aka bullshit before hitting the bed.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home