Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 55: Animal Market

I woke up pretty early so that I can go and take a look at the Sunday Market aka Animal Market. This is no tourist place. It is the real place to get an insight of the local life. Live trading of animals takes place there. Though it was snowing when I woke up, there is still a large crowd in the market.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I said trading of animals I do not mean normal livestocks like chickens or ducks. I meant horses, sheeps, goats etc. Here are what you can buy at this market.

Cows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Horses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my favourite horse picture. It gave me that feeling that the horse is feeling so sad about it is going to be sold away. "Oh my!! I do not wanna be sold away."

Photobucket

Sheeps.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a very interesting sight to see when the sheeps refuse to move and the owner had to pull with all their strength and mights. Very funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Goats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was also interesting to spot man in traditional Krygyzstan hats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right beside the animal section, there is a small sections which sell Lada. A car which you can see it everywhere in Krygyzstan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Afterwhich I went for breakfast. Once again, traditional krygyzstan food.

Photobucket

By the time I got back to my guesthouse, everywhere has already turn white. B...E...A...U...TIFUL!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The snow only got heavier and heavier after that. It was their first snow of the year.

Photobucket

In the afternoon, I went to the mountains, Altyn Arashan, by jeep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some part of the roads were covered with so thick snow that we have to put on chains on the tyres for better grip.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While they were trying to fix the chain, I went around taking some pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Chain is done and we are on our way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some parts of the roads are too dangerous and so we had to get off the jeep and walk while the driver drives through it himself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the last part of the road to the resthouse in the mountains were impassable by vehicle and so we all had to make our way by foot. The temperature was below 0 degree. I am sure I had experience much colder temperature when I was trekking in Himalaya years ago but I felt really really cold this time round. Why? Because I was not prepared for such cold weather. I was not expecting it.

At the beginning, it was so cold that I could not feel my feet. But as I walked, my body heat warms me up and my feet felt better. However, my hands were still so cold. I do not have any gloves with me. Plus walking on the snow in the dark in the mountains was something unfamiliar to me. I fell many times and each time I picked myself up from the ground, i had to put my hands onto the snow in the ground. Eventually, I could not feel my fingers at all. It became stiff and numb. What seems to be a short walking distance became so difficult for me. I felt so tired as I did this short walk. I guess I am not fit to do trekking anymore.

When I finally reach the rest place, the became my favourite spot. It felt so good. We also had some beers, Vodka, Whiskey and Hot tea to keep ourselves warm.

Photobucket

After dinner, we just sat by the fire place and listen to legends/stories from the guide. It was very interesting. The sky was so clear that night that I can see so many stars. And the sky is clear, it means that it is colder. The temperature drop to -10degree. Weather is the greatest danger here.


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lonely Lifeless Girl said...

The sight of snow over trees & everywhere is so white & so beautiful...

You seems so cold...& if there is someone just beside you to warm ur hands, it will be so nice...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Morris said...

I truly get pleasure from while I read your blogs and its content.Animal market trends

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home