Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 59: Eagles

Mission of the day is to look for the hunting eagles of krygyzstan.

Woke up in the morning feeling fresh and ready to bid goodbye to my great host. Took more pcitures around his place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is his mother. Say Hello!!!

Photobucket

Krygyz love carpets just like the turkish as they have some historical links. Carpets are everywhere in the house. Not only onthe floor, but you can also find them on the walls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember that I told you that my bag tore when I was hiking down form Altyn Arashan? This is how terrible it was. Lousy Chinese quality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One last picture at his doorstep before I depart for my mission.

Photobucket

Location: Kadji Sai. A small town with no foreigners at all. Not to mention road signs and such. A helpful driver helped me found a place to stay and drove me there without wanting any money from me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spent the whole afternoon relaxing at another part of Lake Issykul. I still prefer the side on Cholpon Ata.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So what brings me to this small town. It is because I got to know that a eagle hunter lives here. And so I am here to take a look at the eagle.

This is the eagle. Notice that the eyes of the eagle is being covered up as it recognises its owner and so if I want to carry it, it must not see me.

Photobucket

So here I am, trying to be a eagle hunter. I am wearing a traditional krygyz dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Hey, hold the eagle nearer to you," said the owner. Ok. I will try. I am afraid that it might bite me but I will try.

Photobucket

Oh shit. It is coming nearer to me.

Photobucket

Damn!!

Photobucket

Thats a good boy.

Photobucket

Giving the eagle back.

Photobucket

Now you see it's sharp eyes.

Photobucket

A professional is a professional. I dont look as smart as he looks with the eagle.

Photobucket

A closer look at the eagle. I think his feather looks beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the owner left, leaving me with the eagle tied to the tree ofcourse. And as I wanted to take my bag from the ground, the eagle start attacking my bag. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then it started coming in my direction. Damn!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What the hell are you looking at? HAHA... see what see, you see what, you see what see what see? (does this reminds you of a song?)

Photobucket

Guess it got tired after awhile. Hey eagle, its time to comb your hair!! HAHA!!

Photobucket

Hunting using eagles are a part of the traditional krygyz life. There was an eagle hunting festival a week prior to my arrival in Krygyzstan. It is a pity that I missed it but here are some photos taken in the festival. It seems to be an interesting event. Photos are courtesy of Mike, my host Anna's boyfriend.

You can see that I seems to have travelled back into time from these photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even a kid has an eagle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home