Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 97: Santa On Motorcycles!

Date: 7 DEC 2008.

Went to the Royal Castle today as it was free entry. :P But before I show you pictures of the Royal Castle, let me once again give credits to the Handicap friendly country. Having difficulties going out yourself if you are bounded on a wheelchair? Worrying about not being able to cross the bridge? Not to worry, even if you are on wheelchair, you too can get up that overhead bridge, cross it and get onto the other side of the road by yourself. With the help of these overhead bridges lifts in the neighbourhood, I am sure you can.

Photobucket

Need to push your baby pram up the stairs, not to worry, these ramps will definately aid you.

Photobucket

As I was walking towards the city center for the Royal Castle, I heard thunderous roaring sound of motorcycle. Not just the sound of one but it sounded like there were tens of hundreds of motorcycles. I got excited! So I ran and I sped towards in the direction of the sound and this was what I saw. Tons of riders dressed up as santa claus riding off in a group. I guess this must be a charity ride or they must be off to somewhere to send gifts to the needys children. What a wonderful way to share this festive of joy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even the video crew was here to capture this touching moment. Last few bikers doing some burnout before they depart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what you get after a burnout. NICE!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then as I moved on, I saw another santa. Guess he's late HA.

Photobucket

Here are the photos taken in the Royal Castle of Warsaw.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A concert practise in progress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I went to Lazienki Park to relax. Just want to be lazy today. Along the way, I saw a protest,

Photobucket

some random things,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the university,

Photobucket

and more man sadly at work. Look at their unique sad expression. Wonder why were they made to look so depressed?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got hungry after awhile and so I decided to get myself a Zapiekanka, a polish type of fast food.

Photobucket

Interestingly, if you buy something here and pass them the money from your hand to theirs, they will not accept. They always asked you to put the money down onto this kind of dish and then they will take it from there. The same goes for your change. hmmm... but why?

Photobucket

And here are some pictures taken in Lazienki Park.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then went back to my host place, packed up my stuff and got ready to leave. It was my last night in Poland. Marta'a good friend was also around in the house. Took this chance to take a photo with her. It was nice to have met her too.

Photobucket

Got a train to catch at 3am and so I figured that I should not sleep. If not I might overslept. And so I spent the night doing up my blog. As usual, before I leave this country, let me show u how does the Polish Zloty looks like.

Photobucket

Total number of days in Poland: 12 days.

Total amount spent: SGD$213.30


So where am I going next? WAHAHA!! I am moving on to the 4th Leg of my Cold Journey. I am going to the Baltics States. I am going to Lithuania!! Lithuania??? Yeah Lithuania, I bet many people in asia dont know about this country yah? Do you even know where is it located? If you dont, google it and read about it. It is always good to know more!

So, stay tune for more wonderful photos as I enter the 4th Leg of The Cold Journey!!

:)



*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home