Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Day 93 & 94: First Hitch Hiking!

Day 93.

Date: 3 DEC 2008.


I took a 3 hours bus from Wroclaw to Kudowa Zdroj today to see the Kaplica Czaszek. Initially, I wanted to see the Church of bones in Czech but figured that since I am not going to Czech, I might as well see Kaplica Czaszek in Poland. My impression of Kaplica Czaszek is that ofcourse it is less impressive than the Church of bones but should be still worth a visit. Well, I judged it from this picture.

Photobucket

But I was really very disappointed when I got there. It is so small and no photography was allowed. I mean there are real human bones around that small room but still I guess it would very much impressive if the whole church was built out from human bones. Thats how the church of bones in Czech is. Guess I will have to go to Czech one day to see it for myself. Since no photography was allowed, I can only show you the outside of this small chapel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is how the town of Kudowa Zdroj looks like. I am only 3km away from the Czech border.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The return trip also took me 3 hours. I did not have lunch and so I brought Chocolates. Dont know why but I developed sweet tooth on this trip. Kept having chocolates.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture taken on the bus while on the way back to Wroclaw.

Photobucket

When I got back to Wroclaw, I walked around alittle again. Saw this interesting military gaming shop. They sell everything from equipments to rifles to rounds to uniforms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Who says Santa is a good man?

Photobucket

Some of the Churches in Wroclaw.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I waited for Dorota's mum to come and pick me up. While waiting I saw the public bus and I was impressed by how handicapped friendly it was. A guy on a wheelchair managed to get up the bus all by himself without any help. This was what happened. The bus stopped, deflated/lower the tyre pressure on the boarding side so one side was lower than the other, and than a ramp unfolded itself. As such, the handicapped guy can board the bus himself. What a nice system. Singapore should have this too.

And oh.. Poland is a siren country. Why did I say so? Cause I hear the siren of police cars, ambulance, fire engines etc every few hours. Guess its hard to earn a living as a civil servant here. Gets activated now and then.


Day 94.

Date: 4 DEC 2008.



I am leaving for Warsaw, the capital of Poland, today but before I go, let me show you more of this wonderful house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now for the interior.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was my room for awhile.

Photobucket

This is Dorota.

Photobucket

And this is her sister.

Photobucket

OK. I bided goodbye to them and made my way to Warsaw. Anyone want to guess how did I go there? No I took no bus nor train. Ofcourse I did not fly. I went by car. I did my first HITCHHIKING of my life. YEAH!!! Haha.. so fun!! Hey, we have got to try everything dont we? So here's me at the roadside with my sign waiting for someone to pick me up. *Crossing my finger*

Photobucket

Hmm... one by one the car passed by. Before I know it, I had already stood there for more than an hour. Still noone picks me up.

Photobucket

Then came along another hitchhiker who was also going to Warsaw. So we waited together. By the 2nd hour, a car finally stopped and pick up the both of us. Thank god!! I was kind of freezing already. When the driver heard that I stood for more than 2 hours, he was shocked. He said he always picks up hitchhikers and once there were these 2 girls who he picked up told him that they had never waited more than 20mins before someone stops. They also said that they never took bus or train and always hitch hike on a very often basic to get around cause they dont see the need to pay when they can always get free rides. Hmm... too bad I dont wear a skirt.

Anyway I was quite lucky as this guy who picks us up sent us all the way to Warsaw and not like only to some halfway destination. To make things better, he sent me right to the door step of my next host. So friendly and nice.

But my host was not home when I got there and so I had to wait again in the cold. After waiting for an hour, I went up randomly to some strangers and asked her if I am at the right address. Then we started chatting and I told her that I am still waiting for my host to come back. Since it was cold outside. she invited me to her place for some tea. Woah!! How nice of her. Polish are so friendly.

Photobucket

We chatted and watched tv. Her daughter and daughter's boyfriend were also in. Time files and before I realised it I was already in her place for more than an hour. Feeling that I should not disturb her further, I told her that I am taking my leave. But before that I asked to use her toilet. Hmmm... Why is the basin on the left made the same height as the toilet bowl on the right? Can someone tell me? There is also another basin of the normal height in toilet. So, could this be a urinal instead? I never found out.

Photobucket

Anyway, I went back outside and waited for my new host to come back. While waiting I made myself as comfortable as possible in the cold and catch a flim on my laptop.

Photobucket



*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin M said...

Hey man, that thing beside the toilet is called a bidet, for washing your bum lol

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Lonely Lifeless Girl said...

Interesting for the bum washing basin & ya i guess it's easier for ladies to hitch hike than man i suppose haha!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home