Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 6: Detian Waterfall

The roads today are alittle better but seriously speaking, there is not much of a difference. One more thing that I learned today, truck drivers are the best person to ask for directions as they run around the whole of china from day to day.

Photobucket

I am riding into the countryside today and so despite the not so good roads, at least the scenery got better.

Photobucket

So, after 2 days of long endureance ride plus another 4-5 hours of hard ride today, I finally got to my first place of interest, the Detian Waterfall.

Photobucket

This waterfall, with a length of over 200 meters is shared between Vietnam and China, with most of it in China's land.

Photobucket

Here's a picture of the waterfall. You can see Veitnam on the other side.

Photobucket

Zoom in.

Photobucket

More pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can choose to walk in to explore the waterfall or you can choose to ride a horse.

Photobucket

I walked all the way in, wanting to to get to the border so that I can see this boundary stone.

Photobucket

But it turned out that there are some tension at this booundary and so it is off limit to tourist.

Photobucket

Anyway, you can also take a boat ride to get up close and personnal with the waterfall.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Me at the top of the waterfall, looking at China on the left and Vietnam on the right.

Photobucket

After the visit to the waterfall, I carried on my way. I took the road that run along the border of China and Vietnam. Not only are they in good condition, it is winding and twisting which makes it fun to ride. They are not much traffic here as I guess there is nothing much to offer. Today is the first day that I rode dry, no rain. But the weather is hot and just as I thought it would be nice to have a dip in the water, I saw some cows enjoying themselves, cooling off the heat. They made me so jealous.

Photobucket

The scenery is just as good even after I got off the border road. I love riding in the countryside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After another few hours of riding, I finally arrived at the province of my interest, YUNNAN!!

Photobucket

After crossing from GuangXi into Yunnan, the landscape changes greatly. Here, it is the land of the mountains.

Photobucket

As the sky is getting dark, I made a stopover at a small town. As you can see, this town is still developing and constructions are in progress.

Photobucket

Is this the Yunnan style of dinning? Low tables and low stools?

Photobucket

There is also a park in this small town but I just dont understand why they choose to use green lights to brighten up the trees. It looks kind of errie to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Chinese love to gamble and I see them playing MAHJONG and cards along the streets. It is interesting to note that they stack up the mahjongs tiles in layers of 3 where in Singapore we stack in 2 and when they PONG or CHI, they don't display out the tiles in front of them. They discard them away just like throwing out your unwanted tile. Interesting yeah? Let's travel!!!

*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Great trip report!
I did a Northern Vietnam ride in May, and visited the same waterfalls, but was on the exact opposite side of the border. In Vietnam, its called the Ban Gioc Falls.

pics of my trip here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hanzos/sets/72157605115312062/

11:26 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

(WE300B) Let the riding spirit flow

10:22 PM  
Blogger Yenny said...

那瀑布在照片里都那么漂亮,
真的一定更讓人感動... 呵呵~
怎么樣?有沒有想過要在越南那里再騎機車到這個瀑布?

還有哦~ 那告示上寫了什么?
照片里看不清楚... @_@"

**羨慕那些牛,怎么沒跳進去和它們一起快活呢?:p

2:39 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

YENNY>> If i am on vietnam side, i will definitely go there again. you bet i will. Swim with the cows?? haha i can let you have the honor.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home