Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yarets of Belarus

I was in KL, Malaysia about a month ago and as I was strollling along the streets, something very familiar caught my attention.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, this is not a normal motorcycle but it is not the unique outlook of this motorcycle that got me excited. It is the owner of the motorcycle which makes my heart skipped a beat. As soon as I saw this motorcycle, I know that "THE MAN" is in town.

Photobucket

Who is he? He is Yarets from Belarus and yes, he is the man!!!

"Vladimir A. Yarets, 64, a native of Minsk (Belarus), seriously believes his personality will be by right commemorated in the Guinness Book of world records. Vladimir is the first deaf person to have found determination and courage and set into a round-the-world trip on a motorbike. Currently he has traveled through more than 40 countries and covered the total distance exceeding 100,000 miles."

No, you did not read it wrongly. Not only is he 64, he is also deaf and mute, and he is travelling around the world on a motorcycle!!!

Check out his website by clicking HERE!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was in Singapore awhile ago but I did not had the time to go down and meet him. But I guess fate has worked its way for me. Now, here in KL, I see him. I am a big lover of touring and always wanted to do a world tour but am not able to do so due to many current factors. Whereas I believe Yarets had to overcome much more difficulties than most of us to do so, and he did it!! RESPECT!!

Double thumbs up to him!!!

Photobucket

Well, he was really happy to know that I am a biker from Singapore. He showed me many photos which he took while he was in Singapore and most of it, had Spectrum aka Alan of Moto-V in it. He was also wearing the Moto-V tshirt when I saw him. I guess he must be very happy and grateful to what Moto-V and Alan had offered him during his stay in Singapore.

Photobucket

Alan, if you are reading this, well done!!!!

Here is the link to the thread of Yarets in Moto-V's website.

Ride Safe!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home