Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good News From Afar

Speaking about friends from overseas and how friendship magically brings people together, a great piece of news came from afar.

Maarten and Ilse, a couple from Netherlands whom I met during my GOLDEN TRIANGLE, NORTH THAILAND RIDE, dropped me an email couple of weeks ago, saying that they just welcome a new member into their family. It is a baby girl, the seed of their love.
Photobucket
Alittle bit more about Maarten and Ilse. They were on their RTW trip when I met them in Thailand and had already spent years living on the move, riding their motorcycle (which also happens to be a africa twin) from Netherlands all the way to Thailand. When they passed by Nepal, Maarten proposed to Ilse in the presence of the Great Himalayan Range. And I think that is so sweet and lovely.










They have stopped travelling and are now back home. If you are interested to find out more about their ride, HERE IS THE LINK to their website.

I hereby wish them all the best in this new role which they took upon in their life from now on, and may good health be with them. Best wishes to the baby girl and may she grow up strong and healthy.

p/s: I hope to visit them one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home