Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day 29: Desert

There are many things that I like about travelling. One of it is that I get to meet many different people who have different views about the same thing. It is really interesting to note the difference between every individual's knowledge and preception. For example, I like to see the surprise look on their faces when they found out that I am not Chinese. Then they will start asking questions like, "Really? But you speak good Chinese. Where are you from?" and when I replied Singapore, some of them will ask, "Where is Singapore? Is Singapore a country?"

Another thing that I like about travelling is that I get to experience different lifestyle. Here in China, tea always comes free with the main course. It is always served in a plastic cup and the cup will be placed in a cup holder.

Photobucket

I met this guy during breakfast.

Photobucket

He guessed that I am 22 this year. I do not know why but people whom I had met so far all thought that I am younger than I actually am. Anywhere, he happen to be a boss from HangZhou who was on a business at Yumen. After know that I am just travelling around, he told me that it is good be travel around. He said that while travelling, I will be able to learn and experience more thing which will not only benefit my personal life, but also my future work. He also said that travelling is definately better than spending the money drinking at pubs and discos. I totally agreed with what he had said. Furthermore he told me that he totally support what I am doing and will go back home and tell his son about me. Then, he paid for my breakfast and wish me good luck for my travel.

After breakfast, I went to top up my petrol and I saw this very strange looking car at the petrol station. For your information, this is not a modified car. It is an original car in stock condition. I just cant help it but wonder why would people want to manufacture a 3 wheels car? What purpose does it serve? What advantages does it has?

Photobucket

Moving on, I spent the whole day riding through the monotoneous desert with nothing else in sight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The road condition was so-so.

Photobucket

The road that I am on runs along the highway which is not meant for motorcycle. Sometimes it just makes me jealous. Why cant I be on that better road?

Photobucket

After riding for a few hours, I bumped into another biker who was also travelling around. Too bad we were heading towards different directions.

Photobucket

More desert view along the way.

Photobucket

Everything look about the same as they are all of the same colour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The road condition finally got better.

Photobucket

I finally see some different colours.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is a good idea to always carry some rope while riding. Why? Cause if your bike refused to move, you can always ask another biker to tow you along.

Photobucket

Then, in this unfamiliar desert, I saw some familiar faces. These are the two guys whom I had met a few days ago. Like I always said, I Respect Bicycle travellers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Managed to reach DunHuang, a town along the Silk Road, before evening. Shared the same room with a student and we went out for dinner together.

Time for my favourite question. Guess what I had for dinner?

Photobucket

Stir fried mix lamb intestines. :) Did you guess it correctly?

Took a walk in the night market after dinner.

Photobucket

This is a town along the Silk Road and so there are many things associated with camels. Camels are one of the important animals used to carry out trade and to transport goods along the Silk Road.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You will also find many things associated with buddha here in DunHuang as this was one of the places where Tang SanZhang stopped at when he returned from his journey to the west. For your information, Tang SanZhang is real. He really did travel to India and return with all the buddhist inscriptions. And if you are wondering, ofcourse Sun Wukong and the rest of his buddies are legends and stories that comes along.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another common thing that is being sold here is the Ye4 Guang1 Bei1. Why is that so? I also dont know.

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin M said...

Hey! Looks like there is some liver in your lamb intestine meal? How did it taste? btw, 3 wheel cars are lighter therefore more efficient, it's almost like a motorbike ;)

12:44 AM  
Blogger ZeeVinCeZ said...

thanks for the input!!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home