Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day 27: The suspending Great Wall of China

I was prepared to go back to JiaYuGuan Fort this morning but was once again sad to say that my camera refused to work again. So I ended up going back to the same repairshop. The boss is the only person who does the repair. He will not be back till aternoon and so I waited for him in his shop for the whole morning while chatting with his shop attendance. Then when he came back, he fixed my camera and we had a conversation till about 2pm. (Hmmm.... I realised that I am quite talkative.)

After the camera was fixed, I went to the post office hoping to buy some Olympics stamps for my father. This time round, the staffs here were very much more friendlier than the one in Kenting, Day 18. They were so good that I managed to presuade them to sell me the last set of stamps which was reserved. Ofcourse this took me some time and so I ended up staying at the post office for a few hours just to buy the stamps and mail them back home.

Afterwhich, I decided to visit the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall of China is a very long stretch of barrier defense built over many years to prevent attacks from the outside world and this part of the wall in JiaYuGuan is known as the Suspending Great Wall.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking beyond the walls. There are nothing but a vast piece of unused land - desert, mountains etc. These act as natural barriers in additional to the walls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, one more of the 7 wonders of the world ticked off my checklist. I had already been to AngKor Wat. 5 more to go. After the visit to the Great Wall, I made my way to JiaYuGuan Fort again. Then, I was disappointed. It was already closed for the day. Am I just not fated with it or what? I will come back again tomorrow first thing in the morning. Went back to town and had my dinner. Chilli noodles with extra chilli.

Photobucket

Took a walk around the town after dinner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saw this real interesting shop. The name of the shop is "Pipe Man". I would think that it sells smoking pipes as the name and logo of the shop depicts so.

Photobucket

But it sells high heels instead. Well, heels do look like pipe after all. A very creative name.

Photobucket

Pigeons for sales.

Photobucket

More pictures taken around the town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home