Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 193: Guinness

Date: 13 MARCH 2009
Day ????

ITS FRIDAY THE 13TH!!

Photobucket

An interesting fact about the euros. We all know that many countries in Europe uses the Euro. Money changes hand day in day out. But how many of us actually take a closer look at the bills or coins we have in our pocket? Definitely not me. It was not until someone told me something interesting about the euro coin which than drew my attention.

On one side of the coin, it has a universal print stating its value.

Photobucket

On the other side, it differs from coin to coin depending on which country it was made in. From left to right, a euro coin from Spain, followed by Dublin. I dont know which country was the last coin from.

Photobucket

Another interesting art piece of Maggie's.

Photobucket

Leaving Maggie's place, I went back to the nature by going to Howth. Howth, originally just a small fishing village and surrounding rural district, is now a busy suburb of Dublin, with a mix of dense residential development and wild hillside. Ofcourse I am more interested in the wild side. I came here for a cliff walk.

Seeing this bike at the beginning of the cliff walk trail makes me miss my bike.

Photobucket

Seeing the sea makes me feel relax.

Photobucket

Some pictures taken during the walk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder what happened to the driver of this vehicle. Dashing down the cliff was no fun at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This walk took me a few hours to complete but it was really refreshing. I felt so good to be close to nature once again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The island of Ireland's Eye.

Photobucket

The end of the trail led me to the town of Howth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Took a train back to Dublin. Back on the streets, BONG PARTY PILLS anyone? hmmm.... BONG Party? Whats that?

Photobucket

This busker has a very unique and interesting skill. He juggles the football using his clutches and he is good at it!!! I am impressed!! God is fair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then went for a weird but interesting performance with fellow CS'ers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And after the show, we all made our way to the pub. On the way, a few of us tried to do a replay of the show. Haha..

Photobucket

How can I not try Guinness when I am in Ireland??!! Not sure if I will like it though, but I am still going to try it.

Photobucket

Do I like it?

Photobucket

Well, I do!! Never knew that I will like it. I always have an impression that Guinness is very bitter. But surprisingly, the Guinness here in Dublin taste so much different as those I had tried back at home. No wondering they always say that the best Guinness is in Dublin. Its true!.

And with good drinks, I have made some new friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we all ended up going to a club. The CS gang I mean. and I am one of them. See my name on the wall of crime? Heehee.

Photobucket

*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home