Thursday, May 06, 2010

Day 236: Singapore Day in London 2009

Date: 25 April 2009

Whats the first thing that many missed most when being away from home?? FOOD ofcourse. It is so difficult to get the food which you grew up loving. So once I got to know that Singapore Day is going to be in London, I made my way there.

Singapore Day is held annually in different countries each year to bring overseas Singaporeans together, get updates, feel at home and ofcourse, how can we missed out the good food? All I have to do is to register with my NIRC, print out a ticket and thats it. I get free performances, free food and tons of lah lor leh... why not??

So, I met up with another Singaporean who is going to host me in London (she works in London) and together we made our way there.

There were signs and all along the way leading to the Event.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the entrance is a hilarious ERP granty!!!!! Hahaha... So singapore!!! Oh no... I never bring my cash card leh.. how har?? :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

First thing first, FOOD!! OMG SO YUMMY!!! But before I get to the food I have to do something first.... Singaporean favourite past time, QUEUE!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Other than food, there were also signs which made me feel at home.

Photobucket

Food Balloon.

Photobucket

Balloon showing things that will contribute to fines if done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were also lots of malaysians around. Since our food were pretty similiar, I guess they dont want to missed out as well. But ofcourse they have to be brought in by Singaporeans as guest. And of all places, I bump into a few of my army mates in London!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Singaporeans love free stuff... So how can we missed out on the goodies bag???

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some updates on Singapore for overseas Singaporean.

Photobucket

Army stuff......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey look!!! We are wearing the same pair of boots.. Heehee..

Photobucket

Hmmm... I know that guy in black suit.....

Photobucket

It is only when you are away from home, then you will feel the good of home.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at my Tshirt!! I want my teh tarik, laksa, nasi lemak, chicken rice, prata now!!!

Photobucket

Lots of people came for this event and there were great performance by our very local grown artists!! I am sure you know them....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Feel so good to hear singlish, hokkiean, cantonese etc.....



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everyone singing and enjoying national songs like never did when back at home. The feeling was great!



Soon, night falls and since we were in Asian mood, we went for some Japanese food.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*Click HERE to return to the Main Page of The Cold Journey.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home