Saturday, March 24, 2007

ZeeVinCeZ Motorcycle Diary - Part 7 - Road Rash

Riding the Vespa was fun. It is a very different feeling you get from riding a sportsbike. It is slow, relaxing, and enjoying. Unlike the sportsbike, you dont go for the thrill. You will start to appreciate the things around as you ride. Things dont zoom pass you as fast.

Well, Vespa was design to be this way but I stupidly choose to go against it. Sigh...

Design of Vespa. Small wheels, Weight unbalance on one side. Not for high speed corner.

This happened on a raining day. I was on the expressway, trying to get into the filter lane to exit. I am still a lane away from the exit and a bus is on my left. As I am so used to riding the R1, I opened full throttle, change lane, cut into front of the bus and into the filter lane. Hey, I made it, on a vespa. Phew!! But since the heavier side of the vespa is on the left, and I am filtering left and the wheels are so small, and it was raining, something has to go wrong. As we all know, there are zebra crossing on the filter lane. And when it is raining, the white paint on road gets very slippery. Unfortunately, I rode across the white paint. My vespa fish-tail like hell. No way to brake or slow down. I lost control of the bike, and I skided for a few meters.

For your info, Vespa uses drum brake, so not very useful also.

The lucky part was that there were no cars coming from behind. If not i wll surely got run over. However, the unlucky part was that I had a pillion with me. In almost all cases, the pillion gets more seriously injured than the rider. My pillion got a dislocated toe.



































































Finally..... ME!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as
no one else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing!
Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my web site ... Louis Vuitton handbags

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home